Special Events Intern
Title: Special Events Intern
Compensation: $7.25 per hour
Hours: 20 per week
The Special Events Internship for summer 2018 is now closed. Please check back late summer for more opportunities for the fall semester.
Gain valuable experience in all aspects of event planning for a nonprofit while working with an energetic and talented staff.
Duties of the position would include:
- Researching prospective events
- Assisting staff and event co-chairs with event committee meetings
- Participating in sponsorship solicitations
- Following up on event logistics, such as venue, menus, decorations, and entertainment
- Organizing and tracking event attendees and solicitations
- Working with staff on invitation mailing
- Helping track RSVP’s
- Being on site for all events and assisting with post-event follow-up
- Providing support to the individual giving program as needed
- Applicants should possess strong organization skills, demonstrated proficiency managing detail oriented tasks, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Flexible hours; some weekend or evening work will be required.
- If you are a student, qualified candidates will have at least sophomore standing and pursuing a degree in library science, liberal arts, business, nonprofit management or related field. MPLF is located downtown on the bus line. MPLF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Tracy Phillippi, Foundation Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Foundation
Madison Public Library Foundation was established to assist in filling the financial gap between appropriated city funds and the ever-rising costs of library resources and services that meet the diverse needs of our community.