Special Events Intern
Title: Special Events Intern
Compensation: $7.25 per hour
Hours: 12-15 per week
We hire one intern each semester and accept applications year-round.
Madison Public Library has been a leader in building and sustaining a literate community, transforming lives through knowledge and information and enhancing Madison’s high quality of life. Madison Public Library promotes lifelong learning by creating welcoming spaces that offer collections and services to inform, inspire, enrich and entertain. Madison Public Library Foundation was established to assist in filling the financial gap between appropriated City funds and the ever-rising costs of Library resources and services that meet the diverse needs of our community.
The foundation offers a seasonal Special Events Intern position each semester of the university school year (spring, fall, summer). Gain valuable experience in all aspects of event planning for a nonprofit while working with an energetic and talented staff and volunteer team.
We are currently accepting applications for fall 2017.
Duties of the position would include:
- Researching prospective events
- Assisting staff and event co-chairs with event committee meetings
- Participating in sponsorship solicitations
- Following up on event logistics, such as venue, menus, decorations, and entertainment
- Organizing and tracking event attendees and solicitations
- Working with staff on invitation mailing
- Helping track RSVP’s
- Being on site for all events and assisting with post-event follow-up
- Providing support to the individual giving program as needed
Applicants should possess strong organization skills, demonstrated proficiency managing detail oriented tasks, and the ability to communicate effectively. Flexible hours; some weekend or evening work will be required. If you are a student, qualified candidates will have at least sophomore standing and pursuing a degree in library science, liberal arts, business, nonprofit management or related field. MPLF is located downtown on the bus line. MPLF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be mailed to:Jenni Collins Executive Director Madison Public Library Foundation 201 W. Mifflin St. Madison, WI 53703