Thank You for Helping Us Exceed Our 2017 Annual Fund Goal!
Thanks to its generous donor base, Madison Public Library Foundation exceeded its challenge of raising $50,000 in December so it could receive an anonymous $50,000 matching gift to the organization's annual fund.
Throughout 2017, the foundation raised more than $410,000 that will support collections, services, programs, staffing and more at Madison Public Library's nine locations.
The foundation will apply a portion of the dollars to the following 2018 projects, selected through a collaborative process by library and foundation staff:
• Mini-Grants. When the library has an unexpected need or opportunity that arises, it can utilize the mini-grants program for projects of $2,000 or less. Library staff can simply describe the project in an email to foundation leadership, and if approved, will receive the funds soon after.
• One Book at a Time. This program allows the library to buy and distribute books at outreach events held by community partners and schools. It aims to to reach children from low-income families.
• Playing to Learn. The library will expand the frequency and sites at which the library offers Anji Play events by purchasing additional play materials and funding increased staffing.
• Early Literacy Enhancements. The library will replace early childhood books at library branches where there is a need.
• Behind the Curtain with the Wisconsin Film Festival. The library will continue its collaboration with the Wisconsin Film Festival to feature films and discussions at several libraries, and to distribute festival vouchers. Dollars will also support the purchase of film festival titles for the Pinney library collection.
• Building Evaluation Capacity. The library will measure program results and drive continuous improvement through more effective
data evaluation. Staff will work with specialists from the Wisconsin Women’s Health Foundation (WWHF) to learn their strategies for evaluating programs, managing evaluation data and using technology to reach larger audiences.
All 2017 gifts to the annual fund were doubled until the match amount of $50,000 was reached. A portion of annual fund donations also support foundation operational costs.
Please view the video below for a special thank-you message from foundation staff. Again, thank you, and Happy New Year!