Special Events Intern
Title: Special Events Intern
Compensation: $7.25 per hour
Hours: 12 - 15 per week
The Special Events Internship for spring 2019 is now open.
Gain valuable experience in all aspects of event planning for a nonprofit while working with an energetic and talented staff.
Duties of the position would include:
- Researching prospective events
- Assisting staff and event co-chairs with event committee meetings
- Participating in sponsorship solicitations
- Following up on event logistics, such as venue, menus, decorations, and entertainment
- Organizing and tracking event attendees and solicitations
- Working with staff on invitation mailing
- Helping track RSVP’s
- Being on site for all events and assisting with post-event follow-up
- Providing support to the individual giving program as needed
- Applicants should possess strong organization skills, demonstrated proficiency managing detail oriented tasks, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Flexible hours; some weekend or evening work will be required.
- If you are a student, qualified candidates will have at least sophomore standing and pursuing a degree in library science, liberal arts, business, nonprofit management or related field. MPLF is located downtown on the bus line. MPLF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Must love Harry Potter!
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Tracy Phillippi, Foundation Manager, email@example.com
About the Foundation
Madison Public Library Foundation was established to assist in filling the financial gap between appropriated city funds and the ever-rising costs of library resources and services that meet the diverse needs of our community.