Thanks to an anonymous donor, all contributions to Madison Public Library Foundation’s annual fund between now and December 31 will qualify for a 100 percent match!
Donations to the annual fund support Madison Public Library’s collections, programs, services, employee professional development and foundation operations.
These dollars supplement the City of Madison library budget for efforts that enable our libraries to serve more people in our community — especially those who need the most help.
“The library is the most revolutionary institution in America,” our matching gift donor said. “We need to be good stewards, nourish it and grow it for future generations.”
This year, $138,100 in annual fund grants fulfilled a variety of library needs, including:
• Technology ($25,000) | Funds were used for software licenses and hiring a consultant to draft a multi-year technology plan for the library.
• Professional Development and Staff Day ($25,000) | Librarystaff gained job skills and careerdevelopment training.
• Equity & Innovation – Meadowridge Virtual Learning Project ($15,000) | This project uses virtualreality-based gaming equipment (throughPlayStation) to teach information literacyconcepts to children and young adults.
• Bubbler Impact ($15,000) | Dollars were used to build an app prototype that helps Bubbler staff measure the effectiveness and impact of maker programs for kids, teens and other community members.
• Dashavatar – Celebrating the 10 Avatars ($1,500) | A mini-granthelped staff and community partnerspresent a celebration of Indian andSouth Asian heritage.
• Collections ($20,000) | The library spent collections funds on eBooks, graphic novels, board books, picture books and other items.
• Community-Driven Book Club Kits ($2,000) | This mini-grant coveredthe purchase of community-selecteddiscussion books and encouraged authorsto contribute discussion questions orother supplemental material for the kits.
Support the annual fund on our Donate page or mail your gift to Madison Public Library Foundation, 201 W. Mifflin St., Madison, WI 53703.