The Madison Public Library Foundation board of directors worked with a strategic planning consulting agency this year to develop new mission and vision statements, identify core values and set strategic goals for the next three years.
MISSION | Mobilize the Madison community to continuously improve, promote and support Madison Public Library
VISION | Equip Madison Public Library with robust resources to deliver outstanding services, facilities and programs that meet the Madison community’s needs
- Community: Engage the community as stakeholders for the library system
- Integrity: Demonstrate transparency in how gifts are used to support the library
- Advocacy: Champion what is best for the library and the community
- Leadership: Act as visionaries in advancing the library
- Fundraising: The foundation provides stable, consistent support to the library for ongoing and new initiatives
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: The foundation is a socially just and antiracist institution, and diversity, equity and inclusion is considered in foundation decision-making.
- PR and Communication: Community members know that the foundation funds and advocates for Madison Public Library.
- Programming and Vital Services: The foundation provides innovative programming for donors and supports expanded library services.