An anonymous donor committed a $75,000 match for all donations to Madison Public Library Foundation’s annual fund through December 31. With this gift, every contribution will have twice the impact!
The annual fund supports Madison Public Library collections, programs, services, professional development and training for library staff, and foundation operations. In 2020, the library adapted its use of annual fund grants to safely serve patrons during the pandemic. Dollars were used for:
- books and other materials for the library collection
- new software licenses for programs like Adobe Acrobat
- subscriptions to Zoom’s virtual meeting platform, and Zendesk’s customer support and engagement software
- digital art and storytelling projects that engaged local artists through the Bubbler
- career growth and skills training opportunities for library staff on topics including safety, social justice and customer service
The anonymous donor is hopeful that the $75,000 matching contribution will spur others to give.