Title: Communications Intern
Compensation: $7.25 per hour
Hours: 12-15 per week
Madison Public Library has been a leader in building and sustaining a literate community, transforming lives through knowledge and information and enhancing Madison’s high quality of life. Madison Public Library promotes lifelong learning by creating welcoming spaces that offer collections and services to inform, inspire, enrich and entertain. Madison Public Library Foundation was established to assist in filling the financial gap between appropriated City funds and the ever-rising costs of library resources and services that meet the diverse needs of our community.
The foundation offers a seasonal Communications Intern position each semester of the university school year (spring, fall, summer). Gain valuable marketing and public relations experience while helping to boost the profile of a well-respected nonprofit organization.
Duties of the position would include:
- Writing: Write articles for quarterly newsletter, media advisories, and marketing style web content.
- Social Media: Author social media posts and stories on various platforms. Analyze and track social media posts.
- Marketing: Assisting with event marketing; author e-mail marketing blasts. Coordinate marketing efforts with the library.
- Other communications-related tasks as needed.
- Applicant should have excellent judgement, strong writing and organizational skills and be tech savvy.
- College or university student pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business, nonprofit management or related field encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with local media is a plus. Hours are flexible, and occasional weekend or evening work may be required.
- Located downtown on the bus line, but a car is a plus as this position will require travel to Madison’s 9 neighborhood libraries.
MPLF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Send cover letter, resume and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or via mail to:Jenni Collins, Executive Director Madison Public Library Foundation 201 W. Mifflin Street Madison, WI 53703