Title: Foundation Intern
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Hours: 15-20 per week
The foundation is currently looking for a generalist intern to join our virtual office team for the upcoming semester. Gain valuable experience in event planning and communications for a nonprofit while working with an energetic and talented staff and volunteer team.
Duties of the position would include:
- Assisting staff and event co-chairs with event committee meetings
- Participating in sponsorship solicitations, tracking and recognition for fundraising events and the Wisconsin Book Festival
- Following up with event logistics, restaurants and breweries, event entertainment and silent auction
- Organizing and tracking event attendees and solicitations
- Overseeing the silent auction, organization and item pick-up
- Creating email campaigns and producing written content for the
- Developing and posting content for a variety of social media platforms
- Assisting with development research and grant writing as requested
- Applicants should possess strong organization skills, demonstrated proficiency in managing detail-oriented tasks, the ability to communicate effectively and be tech-savvy
- Flexible hours; minimal weekend or evening work will be required
- Applicants are required to have their own computer
Madison Public Library Foundation is currently working virtually and may transition back to the office by the end of the semester.
How to apply:
Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Tracy Phillippi, Foundation Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the start date is flexible.